Saturday, July 7, 2007

Consultant Job at Flixster

I've had a profile on Flixster.com for a few months now to rate and review movies I've seen. It's like myspace specifically for movie fans. I had sent in lots of requests to add classic award winning movies to Flixster's database, and started trying to contact the people running it about a job. It's run by a small group of people and up until a month ago I was told they were not looking to hire more people in the customer service department. I kept on letting them know I was interested and tried to explain how my librarian skills could help their site. Finally, they offered me a part-time consultant job. Now, I'm a movie profile management consultant. To begin with, I was given the project of replying to the massive amount of messages sent by one Flixster user. I can correct or add details to movie profiles, add new movie profiles, or merge duplicate movie profiles. I can make my own schedule and work from my home computer. Plus I know I'll have fun exploring and researching movies all the time!

Byron

No comments: